Rekjalhew

October 15, 2009

But Our President Told Me He’s A Christian

by @ 5:05 pm. Filed under Nuts on Parade

I mean, you know I’ve already told you the deal, but I’m just amazed at how politicians continue to DUPE CHRISTIANS. Because I’m SURE in November 2012 I’ll again be hearing how much of a “Christian” Obama is. So put this into your time capsule and open it in 2012. I don’t know how long that picture will remain online, but it’s a photo of our President Obama in the White House lighting a Diwali candle with Hindu priest Narayanachar Digalakote. You don’t know what Diwali is? Well it’s an Eastern Pagan celebration of the “light” within “you”. You can read about it at this web site and be sure to see this page.

If I’m a Christian who knows Jesus is the Light and I am totally in darkness without Him, why would I light candles in a celebration that claims light via another source? 2 Corinthians 6 teaches Christians not to be bound with unbelievers and I know the “light” Paul wrote about was not Diwali.

But hey, for you who still feel Bush did everything better, you might want to read this and see who started the practice of Diwali celebrations at the White House. Bush started it and although he didn’t participate in lighting a candle, he left members of his administration to “grace the occasion”. Bush started and Obama has carried the ball even more yards.

I’m learning the term “Christian President” is an oxymoron.

13 Responses to “But Our President Told Me He’s A Christian”

1. speakingtruth Says:

I’m learning the term “Christian President” is an oxymoron.

I’m learning that this aledged “Christian” president is a moron. He’s MIA on the “National Day of Prayer”, but he’s sending messages to the Muslim world for every holiday they have!

IndependentConservative reply on October 16th, 2009 at 8:24 am :

Brother, let’s maintain respect for the President, 1 Peter 2 commands it. Let’s avoid using terms like “moron” :) .

And regarding the “National Day of Prayer”, I don’t take part in it anymore myself. Not since learning how it’s a Universalist event, where people claiming all sorts of false gods participate. Please see these two posts:
    and

speakingtruth reply on October 16th, 2009 at 2:49 pm :

Duly noted, brother – letting my frustrations with this world get the best of me I guess.

Regarding the Ravi Zacharias link, I guess that confirms what we talked about yesterday, huh?

IndependentConservative reply on October 16th, 2009 at 5:15 pm :

The 2nd link goes to a post that is no longer there. But it showed how in the end Ravi backed out of doing it. After many brothers and sisters admonished him for his involvement. Initially he was going to do it, but after getting some good advice to not be involved, he quietly backed out.

jackallie reply on October 26th, 2009 at 9:32 pm :

FYI – Diwali has nothing to do with Islam or the Muslim religion. Diwali is a Hindu religion. Not sure how THIS makes Obama unchristian…

IndependentConservative reply on November 1st, 2009 at 3:52 pm :

Jackallie, a Christian is not to have part in pagan rituals. See the exact chapter in the Bible cited in the post above, which gives the warning against such.

Do you consider yourself a Christian Jackallie?

2. rascoe1 Says:

I suppose the President is like one of those “Emergent/Universalist type christians”,(including all, for Jesus is love). I really did not expect any difference, I knew he was not christian from day one. “By their fruit you will know them”.

The diwali site reminds me of christmas, all the lights and colors. Chritmas, christmas, christmas.

3. psalm100 Says:

That’s the thing about being a politician. Politicians often try to please everybody especially when it comes to religion. They don’t want to “offend” anyone. True christians know that Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Barack is a person who displays a “can’t we all just get along” attitude. That attitude isn’t going to work once he stands before the Ultimate Judge.

4. KeeperatHome Says:

I agree with your statement that “the term ‘Christian President’ is an oxymoron.” I am convinced that it is virtually impossible to be President of the United States and to be a sold out believer in Jesus Christ. If a president is truly saved, then the conviction alone of cowtowing to the supporters of ungodly causes should make him resign before he even takes office. In a representative democracy that is filled with various religions, it is inevitable that a president will be pressured to make decisions that oppose scripture. More likely than not, he will give in if he hopes to maintain high approval ratings or be reelected. As a result, I’m not sure that I will vote in another presidential elcetion if I cannot vote for a man who truly fears the Lord.

IndependentConservative reply on November 6th, 2009 at 11:15 am :

I figure a sold out believer in Jesus Christ would never even get enough support to ever actually being elected. Ultimately, elections are a form of popularity contest and holding to the Gospel in truth is simply not popular.

5. pierced Says:

I’m with you IC, I don’t believe a truly sold out beliver in Christ would ever make it to the “hallowed” office of President of the United States. But isn’t it good to know that he or she will enter into the hallowed presence of God, our Father and Creator.

To live the principles of Scripture and the Gospel is to not be conformed to this world. I have come to believe that the office of President has as much to do with compromise and diplomacy, as it does with leadership.

6. ZionFulfilled Says:

In order to gain the riches of this world, you have to compromise. Didn’t God’s word say, “You cannot be double-minded.” See, the Democrats never claimed to be anything, but I feel that too often, Christian Conservatives are slapped by the Republican Party. They will claim our vote, talk the talk, but when they think we are expendable, there it is. We are labeled as fringe people, and as the crazies. But fret not because God says, we will be rejected.

Independent Conservative - Copyright 2008 - Copyright Notice