Rekjalhew

November 20, 2008

The Evil of TBN and Clarence E. McClendon.

by @ 12:36 am. Filed under Nuts on Parade

During the most recent TBN Pimp-a-thon, a false teacher with a lengthy track record took to the stage for a performance. None other than false bishop Clarence E. McClendon. I’ll let you watch his antics first. Video captured by our brother Matt Green. After which I’ll explain why this man is a heretic all should avoid.

Clarence McClendon on the Fall ’08 TBN Fleece-a-Thon

Here’s an interesting bit of information about McClendon, courtesy of Apostasywatch.com

Bishop Clarence McClendon P.H.D.

He is often introduced as Dr. Clarence McClendon and his P.H.D. is prominent throughout his website. A call to his office confirmed that his P.H.D. was acquired through Friends International Christian University, an unaccredited school based in Merced Ca. F.I.C.U specializes in degrees by correspondence and claims such religious notables as T.D. Jakes, Frederick K.C. Price, and Ira & Bridgett Hilliard among their doctoral alumni.

F.I.C.U. offers students the opportunity to advance rapidly through a degree program with the application of “lifetime learning credits” This means that your life and work experience may be applied toward your degree in lieu of actual classroom work. Some might refer to this type of school as a diploma mill. I’ll allow the reader to make his own judgment.

There’s plenty more about McClendon worth reading there, but I’ve warned in the past, to avoid those who are associated with Prosperity Gospel Pimp University!

During the video above, McClendon says to move on prophetic word. Since when did God start communicating with men who don’t respect their wife?

1 Peter 3:7 (New American Standard Bible)

7 You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

McClendon’s (first) wife not only has mentioned that he disrespected and pressured her to divorce him, but it’s also alleged, that McClendon was a player in sex scandals of Earl “The Abomination” Paulk. McClendon has multiple witnesses speaking against his integrity as a good and faithful husband. We also know, that the denomination he used to be part of (Four Square) disciplined him for divorce and he left them, to join with pulpit pimp Paul Morton’s Full Gospel Baptist Fellowship of Pulpit Pimps. This is the man speaking as if he can tell someone about prophetic word! Scripture shows he’s the man all should avoid, 1 Timothy 5:19-20.

McClendon went on to claim, that people should assert that they are not going to participate in economic recession. Where was McClendon during the famine in scripture, that all including saints endured and there were poor saints all over? I guess Clarence could have told the Apostles to just deny participation in the famine :roll: . Why didn’t Paul tell debt slaves to simply deny their poverty and say they would not participate in being poor? Rather, Paul told them to avoid men who claim godliness is a means of monetary gain, 1 Timothy 6. Again, we see Clarence E. McClendon is speaking words that are NOT the gospel of the Lord Jesus, but very much the opposite. An anti-christ message, with a sticker of “Christianity” slapped on the front of it. That is really a message of mammon, Luke 16:13.

In an effort to defend himself and the spiritual crime syndicate he’s part of, McClendon claims nobody should talk you out of following or giving to someone such as himself. Well what about GOD declaring that we should not follow someone such as McClendon in scripture, 2 Peter 2? Clarence has very smooth words, but he does not have agreement with the Word of God.

McClendon spoke defiantly against government inquiry. I have written in the past, how these liars speaking in defiance to being scrutinized are not being true to scripture. But of course a spiritual crime syndicate is going to do all it can to avoid investigation.

Clarence had fake tongues a plenty. Can someone translate that babble? Of course not! It was not of God. These shysters on TV, act as if tongues is for babbling gobbledygook. Tarnishing the true use of the gift, which was to minister to unbelievers in their native tongue. (Also see: The Truth about Speaking in Tongues, a Video Presentation.)

McClendon appealed to the old and poorly handled “wealth of wicked into the hands of the righteous” line. Let’s look at the scripture that was hacked.

Proverbs 13:22 (New American Standard Bible)

22 A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children,
And the wealth of the sinner is stored up for the righteous.

First it should be mentioned, lying swindlers like Clarence E. McClendon are not righteous. But we are informed by Jesus Christ, that saints would endure poverty. And the wealth for saints is not stored up in this world, to be granted in this life, but in Heaven. To be received after Jesus says well done to his faithful servants.

Luke 6:20-26 (New American Standard Bible)

20 And turning His gaze toward His disciples, He began to say, “Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God.

21 “Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you shall laugh.

22 “Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man.

23 “Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets.

24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you are receiving your comfort in full.

25 “Woe to you who are well-fed now, for you shall be hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep.

26 “Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for their fathers used to treat the false prophets in the same way.

While it’s true that good men provide for their household and Israel was granted many material rewards. Saints are informed our reward is not of this world and the Lord made it clear His kingdom is not of this world at all, John 18:36. What was for Israel in material wealth was only a foreshadowing of greater things to come for those who hold to the Lord for a greater reward after this life, Hebrews 11. People like McClendon are lost in shadows, seeking money in this life instead of true righteousness.

Clarence also pulled out his own spin of the very lame “touch not the anointed” line. If you don’t already know why that statement is totally ridiculous in the manner people on TBN handle it, please read: “Touch Not My Anointed”..The command of God or the cries of the misled??

McClendon requested that people make a vow of prosperity and such? What does Jesus say about vows?

Matthew 5:33-37 (New American Standard Bible)

33 “Again, you have heard that the ancients were told, ‘YOU SHALL NOT MAKE FALSE VOWS, BUT SHALL FULFILL YOUR VOWS TO THE LORD.’

34 “But I say to you, make no oath at all, either by heaven, for it is the throne of God,

35 or by the earth, for it is the footstool of His feet, or by Jerusalem, for it is THE CITY OF THE GREAT KING.

36 “Nor shall you make an oath by your head, for you cannot make one hair white or black.

37 “But let your statement be, ‘Yes, yes’ or ‘No, no'; anything beyond these is of evil.

Jesus Christ has warned AGAINST making any vows. The Apostles never told Gentile Christians to make any vow.

McClendon used the bogus general statement, that “somebody” is going to have a situation turn around. Anyone who says somebody is going to slip on some ice in the winter is as authentic as this guy. It’s a generic statement, simply said to play on the crowd’s emotions. (And seeing grown men jumping and screaming in response is rather sickening.)

Clarence was telling people they will get things without money. Fine, tell that to Jan Crouch and stop begging.

McClendon is burdening people for money. Repeatedly going to them for cash. Seeking for people to give out of necessity and compulsion, as a means to try and make more money for themselves, which goes against 2 Corinthians 9:7. While Paul instead of repeatedly seeking money from people, told saints to keep their money for their own children, 2 Corinthians 12:14.

Here’s what sending TBN money sounds like.

Acts 8:18-23 (New American Standard Bible)

18 Now when Simon saw that the Spirit was bestowed through the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money,

19 saying, “Give this authority to me as well, so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”

20 But Peter said to him, “May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money!

21 “You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God.

22 “Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you.

23 “For I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bondage of iniquity.”

You can’t buy a gift from God and nobody should ever claim to sell such either.

If economic downturn is a moment of possession for saints, what did saints take from Jerusalem after the famine there?

McClendon claims that God has men and women who are “wired”, so they can pull things out of heaven and declare them in the earth. But there is only ONE mediator between God and man and His name is NOT Clarence McClendon, 1 Timothy 2:5. It is God, not man, who calls things into being that do not exist, Romans 4:17.

Do all you can to avoid heretics such as Clarence E. McClendon.

Related posts:

23 Responses to “The Evil of TBN and Clarence E. McClendon.”

1. stan Says:

How tiresome these people are!

2. 456charlie Says:

Wow. that’s new revelation to me…. demons may actually be trembling at the sound of ink drying on a check I make out to TBN.

Almost Reformed reply on November 20th, 2008 at 10:20 am :

That’s what they’re all about: Revelation knowledge. Something NEW. Something you can’t get from Scripture.

3. sunkissd1223 Says:

what a mess. i remember falling for those tactics years ago. i love how the brother green highlighted the key phrases and emotional triggers that all the mammon teachers use. i can barely drink my coffee this morning knowing i invested so much time-nearly 7 years, money-10% of my yrly salary + more on this hype ministry. i thank the LORD for opening my eyes. He is so merciful.i use my money now to help the poor.

IndependentConservative reply on November 20th, 2008 at 10:59 am :

Back when I thought I should just sit back and let these vipers on TV tell me what I should think about the Bible. I used to think Clarence E. McClendon was a Myti Mand of Gawd! When he visited Atlanta, to speak at Earl Paulk’s building, I was there to see what he had to say. (McClendon visiting Atlanta was a SERIOUS and MAJOR event for me. Sad to think what sins might have been going on behind the scenes during his visit to Atlanta.) I was all on board with a lot that these false teachers were saying back then. And I was all into McClendon’s message he was giving in Atlanta that night, till he got to some statements at the very end. He told us (me) that in order for us to really “unlock” all these great “blessings” and such, that we needed to join his “50/50 partnership”. He said we needed to give him $50 then and $50 a month on going. It appears he’s since lowered it to a 20/20 partnership. I guess not enough fell for the 50/50. But when he announced I had to come up with $50 then and $50 a month, to keep some “blessings” flowing. I immediately paused, I never saw him the same again. I didn’t know fully about how it didn’t align with scripture, but I knew it sounded like a scam.

I thank God through Jesus Christ, God willed I learn better what is wrong with Mr. McClendon.

4. sunkissd1223 Says:

one more thing- is that detrick haddon (sP) or jesse dixon? too funny!

stan reply on November 20th, 2008 at 10:56 am :

Hello Sunkissd1223. Who are Haddon and Dixon?

IndependentConservative reply on November 20th, 2008 at 11:02 am :

Who are Haddon and Dixon?

Song birds for the pulpit pimps. (Many call them “gospel music performing artists”.)

5. Almost Reformed Says:

They are always pushing,rushing, “don’t delay and let doubt take over…” Why? Because they want those watching to act from emotional hype.
    My wife was watching one of these pimps one night at work. She came hme to me and said she had decided to send her next paycheck (two week’s wages) to him. She felt like she was supposed to, because he had said there was a woman watching him at work that needed a financial breaktrough. He said not to ask her husband, but to do it without his consent.
    Fortunately, she DID tell me her intentions. I asked her to pray about it for a week, then if she still felt the same, she could do it.
    She never did. The feeling quickly faded as she sought God and His wisdom.

IndependentConservative reply on November 20th, 2008 at 10:35 am :

He said not to ask her husband, but to do it without his consent.

Well there’s a mountain of scripture he trashed in that statement alone!

6. KyleNYC Says:

Hey, when you guys get a chance, could someone give me an interpretation on his tongue “utterances”? Thanks.

Sarcasm, off.

sojourner reply on November 24th, 2008 at 9:11 pm :

Yes, was all that babbling necessary? Did he even have to go there? TBN is full of these ungodly “profits.” Looks like the people in the audience sit up all night, while TBN parades various men and women before them, all spewing out false doctrine. Greedy Jan and Paul Crouch need to repent and turn to God, and the poor souls who sit out there listening to this mess need to turn to God and start reading their Bibles and relying on the Holy Spirit to give them the spirit of discernment. I’m amazed at how easily people allow themselves continually being deceived by these greedy parasites.

7. ncatina Says:

Just when I thought nothing that came from McClendon’s mouth could amaze me anymore, alas, something else did. I also took exception to his rant, saying that Christians “do not need to partipate in…” the current economic chaos. I do not know of anyone that would otherwise WANT to participate in an economic free-fall, but I also beleive that what the world is experiencing now is part of God’s judgment that is beginning on the world for its rampant sin and lack of repentance.

All of the collective & successive debacles we have seen in a short period is not an accident. There has been much carnage that has resulted from the layoffs, foreclosures, personal, municipal & corporate bankruptices. Too many are simply in need than to continuously pick at the carcass any further.

If these fools on TBN, the Church Channel & other stations and “ministries” have any real sense, they would wise to warn the saints of how to prepare for the end times ahead. The time for chasing clothes, cars & buildings (along with the blind, boot-licking adulation) has loooooooooooong passed.

8. speakingtruth Says:

Excellent post, as usual, brother. Like you, I was all on board the Clarence express when I was neck deep in Eddie Long’s delusion. He was slick and oily back then, but they all were.

Good to see old Clarence is still pimpin’ al over the world. Maybe this will finally make the sheep stop writing checks to these fools.

…Nah :roll:

IndependentConservative reply on November 20th, 2008 at 12:21 pm :

Good to see old Clarence is still pimpin’ al over the world.

Well it’s actually sad to see, that he continues in evil.

speakingtruth reply on November 20th, 2008 at 12:44 pm :

Well it’s actually sad to see, that he continues in evil

Please excuse my attempt at sarcasm. It is sad to see that people still fall for it. Evil peaople are going to do what they know, but the ignorant aid in their evil works by even giving them the time of day. This yet another testament to the evil of the name it and claim it scam. No matter how stupid it may sound, people will continue to revel in the delusion that you can pay God (through a pimp, of course) and He’ll double or triple the return to you.

9. truthis Says:

IC you said…Clarence said he was giving (so-called “sowing”) $1000. And how much is TBN paying him for his performance? Good point brother, when I hung out with the old gang-during telethon they used to pay the pimptresses 5 to 10 grand for praise a ton so know that the main speaker gets paid and a special talking to after the event.

IndependentConservative reply on November 20th, 2008 at 9:20 pm :

And it’s always likely a deal was arranged before hand regarding the amount they claimed they would add to the pot and how they might be compensated for going an extra mile in their sales pitch. (If they actually give anything themselves at all.) And some of them have TV programs with TBN, that they pay TBN to air. Their donations could be simply to pay a portion of their own bill.

10. Airbrush Artist Says:

To Believe These people because of what they tell You is the Height of Stupidity.We are given Senses to receive our information with Our Own eyes We see with,and with Our Intelligence it is intended that We understand.But We each must puzzle it Out for Himself or Herself with Faith In God and His Word to show the way.Know It well, God sees what They Do,As Hard as it is to say this I truly Pray They Repent.

11. godlysoldier Says:

Excellent sound biblical post as always IC. I just pray for the sheep that are still in darkness which allow these wolves to stay on the air.

12. JesusIsGod Says:

this is disgusting and sickening to watch. he is busy saying thus saith the Lord, when he doesnt have a clue what saith the Lord.im glad i never gave money to any of these greedy thiefs and never will. i thank God for your website. keep up the good work.

sojourner reply on November 24th, 2008 at 9:14 pm :

A-A–MEN!

13. Airbrush Artist Says:

I’m Currently reading a Book By John MaCarthur Title “The Truth War” in My Opinion It reveals the real evil and A True Christians Response to The False Prophets and The False Teaching they spew, a Great read With every Point Backed By Scripture Based from the Book Of Jude

Independent Conservative - Copyright 2008 - Copyright Notice