Rekjalhew

May 18, 2008

by @ 6:31 pm. Filed under Terrorism and War

Of course if your nation does not go around “building” Muslim nations, than your military does not encounter issues like these.

U.S. soldier uses Quran for target practice; military apologizes

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) — A soldier used the Quran — Islam’s holy book — for target practice, forcing the chief U.S. commander in Baghdad to issue a formal apology on Saturday.

Maj. Gen. Jeffrey Hammond, commander of U.S. forces in Baghdad, flanked by leaders from Radhwaniya in the western outskirts of Baghdad, apologized for the staff sergeant who was a sniper section leader assigned to the headquarters of the 64th Armored Regiment. He also read a letter of apology by the shooter.

“I come before you here seeking your forgiveness,” Hammond said to tribal leaders and others at the apology ceremony. “In the most humble manner I look in your eyes today and I say please forgive me and my soldiers.”

Another military official kissed a Quran and presented it as “a humble gift” to the tribal leaders.

A military investigation found the shooter guilty and relieved him of duty; he will be redeployed to the United States for reassignment away from the 1st Brigade of the 4th Infantry Division, a U.S. official said.

“The actions of one soldier were nothing more than criminal behavior,” Hammond said. “I’ve come to this land to protect you, to support you — not to harm you — and the behavior of this soldier was nothing short of wrong and unacceptable.”

Tribal leaders, dignitaries and local security officials attended the ceremony, while residents carried banners and chanted slogans, including “Yes, yes to the Quran” and “America out, out.”

Sheikh Hamadi al-Qirtani, in a speech on behalf of all tribal sheiks of Radhwaniya, called the incident “aggression against the entire Islamic world.”

And while US military officials are out kissing Qurans, Christians in Iraq face continual persecution from Muslims and where is the protest?

Who is in Iraq to protect the persecuted Christians? If you didn’t know, there are not many Christians still in the area. The so-called Religion of Peace Muslims have caused most of them to flee.

The Quran is a book of lies. If you want the truth, read the Bible with 66 books instead. Not that the solider should have done something that might stir up anger over shooting up a book of lies, but I just find these responses to such things to be interesting. Seeing our military in the service of Iraq’s Muslims, while the Christians are being persecuted by the Muslims there. And if a Muslim is harmed even while in prison, it results in Congressional hearings.

(As always, efforts to promote the cult of Muhammad are not allowed in comments here, 2 John 1:10-11.)

update 5/20/2008 10:26AM:
US President George W. Bush has apologised to Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki over the shooting of a Koran. Still no conversations noted of Bush speaking with al-Maliki about why Christians are facing more persecution in Iraq now than when Saddam ran the place. Shoot a Christian, all is quite, but shoot a Koran/Quran/(whatever you want to call the book of lies) and it’s an international incident. (All aspiring US Presidential candidates should be asked how they would handle this if they became President and similar occurred on their watch.)

10 Responses to “Someone Found A Perfectly Good Use For A Quran And Everybody Got Upset. (*Updated*)”

1. Vaughn Says:

Not that I believe in the Quran, but I have a problem with your statement below;

” Not that the solider should have done something that might stir up anger over shooting up a book of lies, but I just find these responses to such things to be interesting.”

These are folks that are willing to die for any stupid cause, while we as Christians believe in self preservation and only believe in dying only in defense of our faith, i.e. Stephen’s stoning. THAT BUT IN YOUR STATEMENT SOUNDS LIKE A CONTRADICTION TO THE GOOD IN THE FIRST PART OF THE QUOTE!!!

I need clarity on what you really mean!!, nothing like throwing gas on a fire, and saying that as someone who has served this country in The U.S. Air Force!

IndependentConservative reply on May 19th, 2008 at 10:07 am :

Hi Vaughn,

Can you show me where an Apostle of the Lord Jesus went into a pagan area and destroyed pagan materials via their own hands? Or did they go and share the gospel, not destroying any pagan materials while there? Did Paul destroy any pagan statues while in Athens? Last time I checked a history book, it was the MUSLIMS who carry on like that, destroying everything in their path.

In Iraq, we know the laws there. To proclaim the gospel of the Lord Jesus in violation of their laws is a very godly thing to do. To destroy books for the sake of fun is not a prudent action. And I can’t square it with how Christ had the Apostles conduct themselves. I can’t give you scripture to support shooting up Qurans in the middle of Iraq, when it’s a land mostly for pagans, with an overtly pagan endorsing government.

I say the responses are “interesting” because military officials bending over backwards like this was the worse thing ever, while Christians are being killed and going to the point of “kissing” a Quran is simply insane to me. It promotes the cult. I find that to be sad, that so much of this nation claims to be Christian, yet we are seeing promotion of paganism. (And our nation’s military is “building” a land of paganism. Their laws proclaim the cult of Muhammad as the ruling stance. I find this to be very much insane as well.)

I’m fine with shooting or burning a Quran, I could care less about the book. However, one must recognize when something is not the best action. I believe even in Iraq Romans 13 applies to a Christian, not that I know the person involved claims to be Christian, but my view of things is from a viewpoint of what Christ commands me to do. So if I were there and the sniper said “hey let’s shoot a Quran as a target”. I’d have to respond that while the Quran is very much worthy of destruction, for the moment God has established that these pagans rule this land and we must respect their laws so long as those laws don’t prevent me from sharing the gospel of the Lord Jesus. I’d gladly be court marshaled for preaching here and if you’d like to do that, let’s go. We’ll probably be killed by the locals before making it to a military tribunal, but I’m not going to waste time raising a stir over that cult book.

healtheland reply on May 19th, 2008 at 3:14 pm :

Yep, you are right IC. A lot of folks keep mixing up the Old Testament with the New Testament in their heads. But the Old Testament had to do with Israel, a people and a nation created by God. As such, Israel was not part of the world, but rather was supposed to be a nation holy and set apart. THAT was why you saw the prophets, righteous kings, etc. smashing idols, cutting down groves and high places, etc. And even there, THEY ONLY DID IT IN ISRAEL, NOT ANYWHERE ELSE. But prior to the formation of Israel, you did not see Abraham destroy any pagan objects anywhere he went … in Canaan, Egypt, you name it. When Joseph was made ruler of Egypt, he did not smash or break anything or try to interrupt the local religion. When Moses led the children of Israel out of Egypt and during their march to Canaan, they did not contend against the local religion. And when Israel was overthrown by Babylon, the Israelites in captivity did not take any action against Babylonian worship. The Jews DID fight to prevent Greeks and Romans putting idols in the temple, but they generally allowed the idols to be placed elsewhere in Judea (as if they had a choice). As a matter of fact, one major Jewish city had been thoroughly Hellenized with pagan idols and temples all over the place, and Jesus Christ specifically bypassed that city, no mention was made of it in the gospels, even though He passed by that city several times on the way to Jerusalem and back! And as stated again, Paul, Peter, the other apostles, etc. never did such a thing.

You know, there is actually a Bible verse that could be construed to speak against doing this sort of thing: do not speak ill of rulers or their gods. It is in Exodus. Of course, this did not have to do with Israel, so it was a commandment to the Jews to be respectful of people and their religion and customs when living as strangers. The Jews have generally obeyed that commandment wherever they have gone, and again usually because they have no choice!

As for us Christians, not only are we not supposed to act like that when we are “over there in their countries” but we were never at any point commanded to build Christian nations of our own! So we aren’t supposed to go around defacing and breaking down Wiccan, Mormon, Muslim etc. stuff over here either! Instead, we are to combat that evil with the gospel of Jesus Christ, which is the only way that it can be overcome.

IndependentConservative reply on May 19th, 2008 at 3:36 pm :

Correct. And while we know Benny Hinn is perverting the gospel here to no end, him with so many others. We are not granted any authority to go into his meeting and turn off the mics. We speak the truth from a sort of roof top to the world, but we can’t go playing the role of bull in a china shop. We let things smash by speaking the truth and we see how that alone gets the enemy very upset.

If the government happens to shut Benny Hinn and some others down though, we just say the Lord’s will be done :D .

Vaughn reply on May 19th, 2008 at 8:31 pm :

Point proven, as it applies to the Old Testament, and I must admit that you brought back some of my Old Testament knowledge, back into remembrance. I’ve never read or have a desire to read the Quran,but I have a knowledge of what some folks will do when they feel that their religion is threatened.

BUT can you bring this point home with some NEW TESTAMENT SCRIPTURE?

Because my knowledge of the New Testament tells me, that they will either believe or be damned, to shake the dust off of shoes if they don’t.

SO HOW ABOUT SOME CLARITY TO THE NEW TESTAMENT POINT OF VIEW

We are living in the dispensation of grace are’t we??

2. IndependentConservative Says:

A good read over at Debbie Schlussel’s blog: The Sniper & The Koran: Disgusting Groveling that Won’t End

3. Vaughn Says:

Hbr 12:14 Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

4. Vaughn Says:

Still waiting!

IndependentConservative reply on May 20th, 2008 at 2:42 pm :

What are you waiting for? You know those who reject Christ will be judged. You have a Bible to read how the Apostles of the Lord Jesus conducted themselves. You have been given Romans 13 and you are “still waiting” for what?

5. Vaughn Says:

Eph 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove [them].

Eph 5:11 Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.

This is what I feel that you are doing with the site that you run.

It just felt to me that you were gloating in this fact of what was done, let me reiterate the fact that i’m not a muslim nor have I ever read one chapter of the Quran.

And my reaction is that you give me book, chapter & verse, when it comes to backing your arguments,Not the whole chapter because I’m not going to argue The Holy Bible. I’m more than willing to do the same, if you were to ask that of me!

We agree on who God is, just not every thought that is posted.

Independent Conservative - Copyright 2008 - Copyright Notice